Industry Experience – Strategic Alliances
New Business Development
Training and Education
Organizational Design & Development
Passionate management executive with 20+ years’ experience in the Information Technology/Consumer Electronics convergence (IoT) space creating successful start-ups and building successful organizations. Proven ability to identify strategic opportunities to gain market share and capitalize on market opportunities to drive revenues, profits, and growth. Renowned Connected Systems (IoT) Industry Expert.
- Leadership – Founded one of the most successful and well-known Residential Systems Integration firms in the United States according to CE-Pro Magazine. Established a new category of automation in the Hospitality Industry. Winner of the prestigious CTA TechHome Leadership Award.
- Team Building – Built and managed strong sales, marketing and technical teams for a multitude of companies.
- Entrepreneur/Innovator – Successfully launched a company to become a world leader in video distribution; generated sales over $10,000,000 in less than two years; established worldwide network of dealers and integrators for three different companies. Created the fastest growing connected device portfolio on the market.
- Industry Leader – Strong ties to the Home Systems Industry: Current TechHome Board Member, current member of the Z-Wave Alliance as a founding member, member of Thread and ZigBee Alliances.
- Convergence Expert – Unique perspective from life experience allows excellent understanding of how IT Professionals can integrate with the CE world. Both Residential and Commercial Experience.
Nortek Security & Control, Carlsbad, CA, Sept 2012–Sept 2016
Vice President, Security & Control
NSC is part of the Nortek Family of Companies (NTK). An industry leader in Personal Emergency Response systems and Home Automation and Security devices. Responsibilities include all domains of business management including sales and marketing, customer relations, product management and development, press relations, industry outreach, and budget of a $250M division, as well as technical services, product design, overseas manufacturing, UL certification and project management.
- Established NSC as a leader in the OEM space, clients included ADT, AT&T, and Ingersoll Rand
- Developed the most successful product line of Z-Wave Controls in less than 24 months (Over 100k units in its first year)
- Invented and manufactured the first Z-Wave controlled Garage Door Controller, winning many industry awards along the way
- Established working relationships with overseas manufacturing that reduced costs by 35%
Evolve Guest Controls, Inc, New Hyde Park, NY, Jan 2009–Sept 2012
Evolve developed an in-room energy management/room control system for the hospitality industry. Responsibilities included all domains of business management including sales and marketing, customer relations, tech support, product management and development, brand, press relations, website development, industry outreach, and collateral development, as well as technical services, product design, overseas manufacturing, UL certification and project management.
- Developed initial product and programs for the company
Created new product category from inception to delivery in under 12 months
- Responsible for all facets of marketing, including brand identity, advertising, web presence, and packaging
- Installed the largest Z-wave installation in the world with over 65,000 devices at the Wynn Hotel
- Designed a demonstration program for hotels to “see it to believe it”
- Clients included Wynn Resorts, Hilton, Starwood and Marriott
Superna, Inc, Langhorne, PA, 2007–2009
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Superna was a company that had developed a truly affordable, scalable, open platform software system for the Home Automation Industry. Responsibilities included all domains of sales and marketing, including customer relations, tech support, product management and development, brand, press relations, website development, industry outreach, and collateral development.
- Established leadership position for the company in the very competitive Home Automation Industry
- Managed entire Marketing and Product Management team
- Created and managed international partnerships with companies like Logitech, Linksys, Viewsonic and Philips
- Designed a demonstration program that facilitated over 500 dealer partnerships
- Awarded CEA Mark of Excellence award for Best Integrated System
On-Q/Legrand, Middletown, PA, 2004–2007
National Program Manager
As part of a leading manufacturer of Home Systems Products successfully developed a highly effective group of sales and marketing tools for Builders, Integrators, and Distributors including displays, custom collateral, web tools and training classes. Responsibilities also included webmaster, industry outreach, and data retrieval and reporting for marketing department.
- Created and managed the On-Q Builder Program that won the prestigious OTTO award for Best Program in the Industry
- Designed and implemented a Selection Center Display program, deployed in over 300 locations nationwide
- Orchestrated a highly successful launch of a new web presence for On-Q that included over 2000 pages of information and has achieved more than 10,000 unique visitors each month
- Created the first Customer-centric rewards program in the Home Systems Industry
- Member of the product development team, working on the next generation of Home Systems technology
CompUSA/Digital Living, Florida, 2002–2004
Established Digital Living Program in the State of Florida, part of a national rollout of a companywide initiative. Involved in sales, business development and marketing of Low-Voltage Integration services to Builders, Developers and CompUSA Clients. Worked with stores to help educate and institute Digital Living procedures and concepts.
- Developed business opportunities using IT techniques and applying them to consumer Electronics products
- Trained employees with a strong IT knowledge in sales techniques, installation practices, and project management of Integration Industry
- Developed retail environments to demonstrate Digital Living products and services
- Managed sales and technical team
HomeWorks Automation, Florida, 1995–2002
Founded one of the most successful and well-known Residential Systems Integration firms in the United States. Firm created out of successful IT consulting group. Involved in all facets of the business including human resources, professional development, budgeting, investor relations, project management, inventory management, design, installation, customer service and collections. Contracts with over 25 builders, resulting in over 5000 installations statewide.
- Grew sales to over $3M per year
- Developed successful program to sell technology to homebuyers, achieving a 98% close rate
- Established strategies and techniques now used by hundreds of Integrators
- First Integration company in Florida to service both the IT and CE needs of clients
- Managed over 40 employees, including Customer Service, Technicians, Financial and Sales
LEL Computer Systems, Florida, 1993–1996
Developed marketing plan for revolutionary new video distribution product, successfully launched company to become a world leader. Grew sales from $0 to over $1,000,000 in less than two years. Established worldwide network of dealers and integrators using tradeshows and advertising to drive awareness and create a market.
- Created a market for an unknown, brand new technology
- Oversaw project management of hundreds of installations in 11 countries
- Responsible for creating web presence, collateral and training
- Managed Sales Team consisting of more than 15 professionals
Other positions held – Intelligent Electronics, Regional Franchise Manager, Florida, 1990–1993; Tandy Corporation, District Manager, 1985–1990.
BS in Business Management, Minor in Marketing, State University of New York, Stony Brook
- Board Member of CEA Tech Home Division
- Z-Wave Alliance Executive Board Member
- Education Committee (Current chair)
- Chair of the Subject Matter Experts for CompTIA DHTI+
- Chair of the Subject Matter Experts for CompTIA HTI+
- National Association of Home Builders
- Society of Cable Telecommunication Engineers
- National Association of Broadcasters
- Electronic House Magazine and .com
- CE-Pro Magazine
- PC WEEK
- Home Automation Magazine
- Home Networking News
- Microsoft Direct Access
- Computer Reseller News
- Digital Connect
Subject Matter Expert chair for new certification (CEA/CompTIA DHTI+) in Residential Low-voltage industry.
Highly rated and popular speaker at many trade shows/seminars including the Consumer Electronics Show, International Builders Show, Southeastern Builders Conference, TBX and both Fall and Spring EH Expos.
Interviewed as an “Industry Expert” by numerous TV and print news agencies
Awarded the Prestigious CTA TechHome Leadership Award in 2016